Thursday 17 March 2011

Laser cutting loveliness

So excited about summer and nice weather (hopefully) I decided I needed some tshirts and nice summery tops to show off my tan....when I get one :)

Popped into Matalan a few days ago and came across this gorgeous soft suede top, with flowery laser cutting detail. I'd not taken much notice to decorative details like laser cutting before, but after learning how to use the machinery at uni to achieve the effect for our non-woven project, it's actually a really interesting and technical process that creates a beautiful delicate result.

£14.00
The fabrics really soft and light, perfect for summer evenings with a pair of denim shorts and sandals. B.E.A.UTIFUL.

I saw this American flag tshirt and instantly wanted it, just as an everyday basic tee that I could throw on with jeans. It's an over sized boxy style with turned up sleeves, I like the laid back look it has for when I'm just walking the dogs or chilling out at home. It's very lightweight, perfect for hotter weather. (as you can see I'm praying for a good summer this year, although I'll probably be working most of it!)

£12.00
 Anyone that knows me, knows I have a lot of shoes already....however I have been looking at these for a long time and the whole reason I went to Matalan was to spend a Christmas voucher that was still burning a hole in my pocket, so this was what I actually went for...

£20.00
..I love them. I already have some high lace up grey boots, but these are so much nicer for S/S. The lighter colour and ankle style make the boots perfect for wearing with shorts and a tshirt or dress them up with a floaty dress and casual jacket. The lace panels are so cute and go well with all the crochet pieces that are around this year. Sweeeet.

I can't wait to not have to bother with jackets and scarfs and everyone looking fresh and glowing....I always seem to be cold so summer is definitely the season for me.....get the sun loungers ready, BBQ smoking and drinks chillin.....ROLL ON THE SUMMER SUN :)



(Matalan also does 10% student discount)

No comments:

Post a Comment